The Conjuring (SPOILER ALERT) and Fish Tacos

     Whoa! Its been a while so I thought I would start my epic come back with a story of this weekend...
     Well for starters I might be up for a promotion at work, not much higher pay but it will help me move up in the company! But enough about that.
     This weekend, Izzie's parents came down for a short visit, in which Izzie's grandma had a long plan set up including lunch and a movie. Of course Izzie got put in charge of lunch, which means she woke me up early on my day off to go to the store and get necessary ingredients for her Wasabi Fish Tacos. 
Wasbi Fish Taco Setup
So after speed shopping through the store and driving home we unloaded the various food items into the house. Izzie started prepping the food while I was trying to beat a game on my phone.  Once the food was done Izzie's parents, her aunt Stephanie and her uncle Richard showed up and within moments there wasn't a scrap of taco to be found. Once everyone was done inhaling their meal (Stephanie practically consumed an entire tube of wasabi to herself) and socializing we all sat on the couch on our various electronic devices entertaining ourselves while we waited to go to the movie.
     The movie we were planning on seeing The Conjuring.
The movie poster found on google
Stephanie started reading reviews on it while we were waiting, getting us all amped up with things like "it was so scary I cried" and  "everyone should have to get a medical check up before going to see this movie my heart was racing the entire time", so once we got to the movie theater we were all pretty anxious expecting a really scary movie.
          
****WARNING I MAY ACCIDENTALLY PLACE SPOILERS FROM HERE ON SO IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER*********
     

          At the theater it turned out our seats were in the very last row (to make things "less scary" according to Izzie's grandma). After an agonizing hour of previews the movie finally started. I've got to admit, there were a few parts here and there that made me jump, but that was mainly due to the sound being loud enough to shake the theater every time something scary was about to happen. As a connoisseur of horror movies, this was far more annoying than it was frightening. The worst mistake they made was showing the actual thing antagonizing the family about a quarter of the way through. In my opinion, this ruins the whole thing and decreases the horror factor to null. The climax of the movie begins and ends with an exorcism, which was rather corny and dull. Then everyone lives happily ever after. If you're planning on seeing it, don't take the reviews to heart. It was hardly scary at all, but still a fairly entertaining way to spend an evening.



******SPOILERS OVER!!! YOU ARE SAFE!!!! YOU MAY CONTINUE READING NOW YAY!!!!******* 

So there you have it! I hope you all have a fantastic day. 


P.S. Izzie says if you're one of the people who read the spoiler anyway and got mad because it has been spoiled for you, that you are an internet boob and need to go to your corner to think about your life. 



      
                 


Comments

Popular Posts