First Flight

Old draft that I kind of forgot about sorry.


After taking a couple weeks for myself and seeing Izzie off to China. It was time for me to start my training for the company I was going to be working for, but as luck would have it there was not a terminal in my state for me to go to. I was instructed that I will be going to Denver Colorado. Which they were nice enough to offer me an oh so pleasant grayhound bus ride for 12 hours to get there. Which I was going to do, until I really thought about it. Being as anti social as I am and being surrounded by strangers for 12 hours I think not. So a word of advice if a job offers to give you a bus ticket politely decline. Unless you like to smell like other peoples body oder for a week.
Google image

Instead after a quck online search and Judy telling me about how much better a flight would be, $250 dollars later I had a 1 hour flight booked in first class, well as first class as you can get with these small airlines. 
Now the main issue, I had never been on a plane before. In all of my 24 years on this planet I had never been in the air, yet there are five year olds who fly alone.  
Lets just say I was so nervous that I got about three hours of sleep the night before. only to wake up way to early but richard was still willing to drive me to the airport. Once I arrived I realized I was out of place as always everyone waiting at my gate was dressed up or dressed as if they were going on a bussinuess trip for the day. with their breifcases and clean suitcases.
Then there is me, dressed in a crappy pair of jeans loose T-Shirt, slip on shoes that don't match with my black handme down dufflebag, galaxy print backpack with my beat to shit pillow strapped to it with a bright blue luggage strap. 
Since I arrived way to early I walked around the airport spent way more then I needed to on a soda from the magizine shop. before akwardly bording my flight with the other first class patrons. 
Manatory terrible exausted just got on the plane photo.

When we first got on the plane we were greeted by two flight attendents who were complete oppisites the first was the most sterotypical flight attendent short skirt and scarf. if you type flight attendent into google images all the results are very similer to how she looked. Exibit A:

Closest Google image to the flight attendent.

As for the second flight attendent was and older and slightly over weight, and was not the most pleasent person. being my first flight ever and being my age I wanted to pretend I knew what I was doing but she was very particuler about the overhead compartment and was very voicturous about me putting my backpack in the wrong spot. lets just say I tried to mind my  manners and stayed quiet around her. 
On to the actual flight now being someone who suffers from altitude sickness on road trips my main concern about the flight was take off and landing, fear I was going end of throwing up on the plane. during take off suprisingly I didn't get sick however it did take a few minutes for my stomach to chatch up to my body. Once  everything adjusted to being in the air, I tried to settle in for the flight. 

Comments

Popular Posts