Hello 3am

So I have recently found myself with a rather chronic case of insomnia as of late. I'm not sure why, some believe it is because I work so late in the day that my body feels like I still have so much to do. But to be honest I have no idea why,  all I know is I thibk I figured out the pattern.
    Step1 Bedtime: Lay down get comfy,  turn out the lights. Then lay in the dark for a couple hours,  feel a little sleepy.
    Step2 One AM:  the brain "nope!  You are more awake now then you have been all day! " lay there awake for about an hour,  now here is where it gets tricky.
              (CHOOSE YOUR ENDING)
Option 1: lay in bed
Option 2: get up

Option 1: you choose to lay in bed and hope for sleep.  Fortunately the body finally gives up and lets you sleep, but since the brain disagrees with this, it is a very restless night of tossing and turning,  and apparently talking in your sleep.

Option 2: you choose to get up, not a bad choice the brain wants you up anyway. This is a good option to get stuff done while distracting the brain. Like what?  You ask well art, writing, internet.  But unfortunately my brain is having problems with all these options. So getting up consist of playing games in my phone,  and sitting in the living room trying to get out of this deadly art block.
Since these are the typical stages of my insomnia,  if anyone has any advice on how to get a decent nights sleep it would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

Popular Posts