How life changes once you adopt a cat.

So I recently wrote about my new kitten (Nuka-Cola).
just to give some quick back story to why this is so new to me, growing up I NEVER owned a cat, we always had dogs but never a cat because of my mom's allergies. this is one reason I was so excited when I brought my very own kitten home. I never realized how involved a cat would be in my life. I was always told cats don't like to be bothered and can be quite aloof at times. this is how things have been since Ms. Nuka joined the household:
every morning at about 7am I wake up to this cat snuggled up next to my face, which she insists is her spot, Once I'm up on my feet Nuka follows me around while I get dressed, until she sits down next to her food bowl and stares at me, With a look of "how dare you" of course i give in and give her breakfast then make my quick escape to the bathroom while she is distracted.
Why? you may ask well you see while I am in the bathroom weather I am brushing my teeth or showering if the door is closed this cat will stick her paws under the door and meow like I have abandoned her forever, followed by her clawing at the rug outside the door. once I am done in the bathroom and open the door I am greeted by a lump of "catloaf"*  sitting in the middle of the rug. I nearly trip over her everyday.
After getting ready for the day it is time to get breakfast for me, which Nuka stays right on my heels she will follow me up the stairs and around the kitchen until I sit down to eat. Where she begs for me to share until she gives up and ddecides the birds are more entertaining,  I swear this cat would follow me to work if I let her.
skipping ahead now after my long day of work I walk down the stairs and this cat will be waiting for me inside the door, greeting me with a short meow. and following me through the basement once again even when i settle down to watch some Dr. Who.Which she happily joins me curled up in my lap.
Then when it is time for bed I tell her "Time for bed Nuka Kitty" she runs into the bedroom wanders around until I get settled then curls up next to my feet. ready to start the next day just the same.
all and all I love this freaking cat, I never thought I cat would love me as much as she apparently does.
 Now as much as I love this cat, she does have some small problems that I am aiming to resolve now that she is getting older. one of these problems is she seems to have endless amounts of energy, she will run around attacking anything that moves or is made out of paper, I was working on this issue with her by having a couple of play sessions a day until she broke her toy so its off to the pet store soon to get a new one.
the second issue is that she will scratch and bite sometimes but it all seems to relate back to her energy issue. since she does it less after 15 minutes of play time.  other then that I still love this goofy kitten who  as I am typing this is attacking her cat tree and plotting the demise of some invisible thing on the ceiling.
But once she settles down she will happily jump on my lap and watch me write which is all I want out of a kitty. so I will put up with her mischief since she makes me so happy.
Nuka sits on my lap while I work on my blog


*Catloaf: the term we have started using when Nuka is laying down with her feet tucked under her, because she looks like a loaf of bread.

Comments

Popular Posts