Melty Way

*older blog I never published not sure why*

Yes my dear blog readers I am going to be doing a restaurant review, the first in something I am thinking of doing a lot more of. so first up on my list of restaurants is one of my personal favorites its called Melty Way, home of the grilled cheese gourmet.

Now for those of you that live outside the state of Utah unfortunately you will have to travel to try this place for your self. Melty Way as they put it on the website "home grown in Utah" everything they make is made out of things from Utah this is a list of some examples ( from the melty way website):

  • The first one is called the Three Cheese it has, aged cheddar, creamy havarti, and pepper jack, this particular sandwhich is pretty good taste a little more complex then your tipical grilled cheese, but when dipped in the tomato basil soup  it makes a great match
  • the next one is call "The Italian" it is made out of fresh mozzarella, whole milk mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, basil pesto, salt, and pepper. This sandwich was very good the only problem I came across was that this one did not stay together very well. it was very tasty with all of the diffrent flavors working together but if you dipped it in your soup you would end up with bits of mozzarella in your soup and when you take a bite make sure there is something under the sandwich the mozzarella will fall out. I did enjoy the basil pesto it was a very suttle taste but it deffintly makes this sandwich.
  • The last one I have tried is "The Mediterranean" it consist of: Feta cheese, whole mild mozzarella and bruschetta spred (rosted tomatoes, grilled artichokes, and olives). this is by far my favorite of the three. it stays together very well. and the flavor is kind of hard to explain I would say it almost taste almost like pizza, but as a sandwich. this is definitely one I would recomend to anyone! 

There are two options just like most place to get this food to you there is either to stay or to go. either way there is a little bit of a wait, but it is worth it, it is only because they have to make your sandwhich. while you wait you can enjoy the great atmosphere if you take a friend or family it is also quiet enough to enjoy a in depth conversation. if you get the food to stay they will bring you a small plate with your sandwich if you get soup with it the soup will be on this plate as well. I will say this right now, DO NOT I repeat DO NOT start with the soup. since they make everything fresh the soup is very hot, The first time I went here I made this mistake, it just needs a couple of minutes to cool down to the right temperature for consumption. so start with the sandwich.  if you get it to go, they wrap up the sandwhichs in nice brown paper and have this decently sized soup bowls that they place in a brown paper bag for you to take with you. be careful driving with this bag, the soup is in a container but if you are to rough with it there is a chance of small spills.

Comments

Popular Posts